Tuesday 31 January 2012

Networking and Social Interaction

Social interaction is one of the most important things known to mankind.
This is no different via the internet, if you want to successfully 'get out there', you're going to have to network.
You have to branch yourself out, like a giant tree, with loads of different offtrails, spreading to unrecognised locations.

If you want to be successful at anything on the internet, a good tip is to involve yourself into communities.
I will once again, use my YouTube channel as an example.
I am signed up for basically every social network imagineable, im also a member of 2-3 forums.
I try and aim for well populated places, which are, of course, on topic for the niche i try to fufill.

Im signed up for a Call of Duty-based forum and the Official Minecraft Forums which are now owned by Curse.  These are brilliant places for me to branch off into, and everywhere i post on the internet, usually refers back to my hub, which is my YouTube channel.    Every website im signed up for has a link to them.

My twitter, tumblr, facebook, last.fm, bebo, myspace, foursquare, flickr, imgur, photobucket and all the forums im signed up for, are linked together and all refer back to my YouTube channel.

This is a clever idea, because it means you direct traffic to that main hub of origin, if all your profiles are linked to it.  Image signatures that have click-through links are amazingly powerful tools for forums.

Meaning you can post in approximately 50 popular forum threads, and if your signature is eyecatching, could catch the attention of all future traffic to that thread, now for example, on average, Minecraft Forum threads get amazingly popular, therefore, say i post in a recently released mod thread, and i get one of the first posts, and i have my signature there, below my post, it could be seen to around 10,000 people, which is amazing.

Social networks are powerful tools, so use them to your advantage.
The only real social network i use for its real purpose is Twitter, as its easy and effective, and its there to update people on the hub, that is, my YouTube channel.


I wish you all success and i hope you enjoyed the post.
Look forward to more.

No comments:

Post a Comment